Literacy doesn't mean much if there's nothing to read. These people and organizations have brought new books to Laos during the past two years, by sponsoring the publication of a title. Thank you!
* Mark & Allie Williams (United States): The Monkey is Elected to be King of the Animals
* Planet Wheeler Foundation, (Australia): The Story of Big Brother Mouse
* Peggy Horn, (Australia) and Manoj and Bory Paul and A Sing, (USA, Cambodia, India): Phiipop
* Manoj and Bory Paul, (USA and Cambodia), the Cubit Family (Australia), Phiiphong
* Manoj and Bory Paul, (USA and Cambodia), the Cubit Family (Australia), and the IBBY Asahi Reading Promotion Award (Switzerland and Japan): I Can Read! #4: The Deer Runs Fast
* Julie McIntyre, Zena Carter, and an anonymous donor (all in Australia): I Can Read! #3: The Duck Walks Slowly
* Lesley Morgan Thompson and Alvin W. Thompson (United States): King Giant and the Honey Seller
* Helen and Chuck Dake (United States): Two Buffaloes Dance and Beat the Drum
* Lin Palmer (England): The Toad King
* Sri KDU International School (Malaysia), the runners, volunteers, and sponsors of the 2015 Luang Prabang Half Marathon (Laos), and The Australian Embassy in Vientiane: Frog, Alligator, Buffalo (Oversize teacher edition)
* The Australian Embassy in Vientiane, Cubit Family Foundation, and Brian & Gerry Warren (all of Australia): The English Picture Dictionary
* GNS Ceramics Pty Ltd. (Australia): No Bananas
* Tamara Jannink (Netherlands): Dinosaurs!
* The Australian Embassy in Vientiane, Peggy Horn (Australia), and Manoj and Bory Paul and A Sing (USA, Cambodia, India): The Hungry Frog, Siddhartha and the Swan, Lao Proverbs and The Giant Vine
* The Australian Embassy in Laos, Charles Felsenthal (USA), and Peggy Horn (Australia): Good Manners; Mulberry and Lotus; Kidnapped; Fly, Fly, Fly! and I Can Speak English!
* Planet Wheeler (Australia), Glencoe Family Foundation (USA) and the Australian Embassy in Laos: Our Lives Together
* Maria Decker (Germany): The Prince and the Pauper
* Manoj and Bory Paul and A Sing (USA, Cambodia, and India): The Story of Big Brother Mouse (Japanese language)
* Steve, Lori, Davis, and Park Orth, (United States): Let's Eat
* Marilyn Van Raalte, the Diehl, Van Brewer, and Nussbaum families (United States): Helping Children Learn
* A357 GmbH (Switzerland): Trees are Fascinating!
* Peggy Horn (Australia) and The Australian Embassy in Laos: The Snail and the Frog; The Big Chicken; Do you want to see? and What's Most Important: Beer... or Education?
* Planet Wheeler Foundation (Australia): The Story of Big Brother Mouse (German language)
* Tricia Sharpe and Ray Barker (England): Xieng Mieng, the Trickster of Laos
* Peggy Horn (Australia) and the Australian Embassy in Laos: The Frog Unbuttons Its Shirt
* John & Jean Burton (United States): The Slow Loris
* Matt Cooke & Emma Craddock at Cooke Components Ltd. (Great Britain): The Wind in the Willows
* International Voices Choir (Germany): Growing Up on the Mountain
* CLSA Chairman's Trust: The Green Snake Eats an Egg and The Furious Cat
* Dawn Wheatley (United States): The Story of Big Brother Mouse (French-language edition)
* The Stokes Family (Australia): Child Safety in the Village and Funny Letters
* Tim Gosswiler (Switzerland), Bruce Schaller (USA), and The Australian Embassy in Laos: Countries of Europe
* CLSA Chairman's Trust : Black Mouse, White Mouse (A5 size), I Can Read! #2: The Snake Eats Eggs and The Adventures of Anansi
* The Australian Embassy and Zena Carter, (Australia): Why Reading Is Important
* Ray Faulkner (USA) and Australian Embassy in Laos: How to Draw Cartoons
* Chris & Marilee Lucas (New Zealand): The Crab Carries the Fish
* The Australian Embassy and Planet Wheeler Foundation, (Australia): Xieng Mieng stories
* Ray Faulkner and Jim McSherry (USA): High School Catalog
* A wedding gift from the friends & family of Marie-Christine & Christiaan (Brunei): Wily Python and other stories
* Iris Ortner (Austria): The Wasp with a Stick in its Eye
* Ray Faulkner (United States): The Story of Big Brother Mouse (Lao language)
* Brian & Gerry Warren (Australia): The Yellow Book of Aesop's Fables
* Tricia Sharpe and Ray Barker (England): The Story of Big Brother Mouse (English language)
* Marilyn Van Raalte and Family (United States): The Monk and the Trees
* Andrew and Lilly Rizzi (United States): Crab and Snake Pass Out Soap
Will you join them to help promote literacy in Laos? Here's the list of titles that still need a sponsor.
Village book parties
These people have donated enough to sponsor a book party and donate more books to a rural village school. Thank you!
2017Reis-idee Travel Advice: www.reis-idee.nl/english-summary * Yatai Food Cart, Denver, CO, USA * David and Joan Adrion * Ellen Bradley * Gabriele Eipeldauer * John Miller * Alice Vandervoort and friends * Maartje Muskens * Peter mcbrinde * Chris & Marilee Lucas * Tatsumi Elementary School in Tokyo, Japan (care of Ben Schwartz and Miki Schwartz) * Tomoko Maeda * Simon Weston * China by Bike * Florian Reinhard & Alex Robert * Jacek Nikodem * Jackie and Martin Cunliffe * Martin & Jackie Cunliffe * Mark Beamish
2016the people of the village itself * the people of the village itself * Robert Moyer, Cathy Lee, and Jason Moyer-Lee * Svenja Breitenstein * Vientiane International School * Charlie Weeks * Terre des Hommes (Germany) * Susan Horie * Catherine Schieve * Laura Jordan (Swizterland) & Jeanne Bonacina Lhommet (France) and their families and friends * Ann McVey * Marguerite Kelley McElroy * Susan Wood * International Grammar School * Wilhelm-Roepke-Schule in Ettlingen, Germany * nancy merritt * Genevieve Moeckel * Erika Limacher * Heather Williams * the people of the village itself * Myriam Lallinger * Sheldon * James Cook University, Singapore * Lesley Morgan Thompson and Alvin W. Thompson * William Cohen * Anonymous * Katharina Wimmer * Sam Dunn * Prana Yoga KL * susan pasley * Donation by Mark & Allie Williams * Melea Bardal * the people of the village itself * Eva Behringer * Mark & Allie Williams * Clayton Smith * Doug Ewart * Alice Vandervoort * John & Jean Burton * Peggy Horn * Brian & Gerry Warren * Leah Camhi * Lin Palmer * Anonymous * Colin Cotterill and Books for Laos * Sasha Alyson * Julie McIntyre * Nicole Zimmerman * Diana Loepfe and Martina Kueng * Zena Carter * Kevin & Alison Kenny * the people of the village itself * A357 GmbH, Winterthur, Switzerland * Helen Parry * the people of the village itself * Doris Niepalla * Deborah Carlsson * Trish Gribben * Emelie Strömshed (Note To Self books, Sweden) * the people of the village itself * the people of the village itself * Friends from the Phi Tejada * World Food Programe and USDA * World Challenge Mansfield SC * Margo Weinstein * Lauren and Jack Brown * Helen and Chuck Dake * Charles and Helen Dake * Indochina Services (ICS) * Michael Nava * IBBY Asahi Reading Promotion Award * Douglas Doty * Stewardship * Beth Kelly * the people of the village itself * the people of the village itself * Neil Kinghorn * Vance Huntley * Deborah Saunders * Kieran Doyle * Laos Mood Travel * Steve, Lori, Davis, and Park Orth * Ian Terry * the people of the village itself * Charles Felsenthal * John Gee & Kathy Kronenberg * the people of the village itself * P L Horn-Higgins * Jacek Nikodem * Anna and Ollie Yeoman in New Zealand * Melissa Reese * Chris Kelly * David Calver * Belmont School * the people of the village itself * The British School of Nanjing * Markus Hartung from Berlin, Germany * Krystle TSE * Jeanne Ratzloff * Karen Embree * Miki Scheidel * Patrick Sarnacke * Anonymous * Thomas and Bonnie Clarke * Kim Gibson * Tamara Jannink * basmati - authentic help * Jens Wegener * Fiona Clark * Clayton Karkosh * Maria Decker * Connie Potter and Chris Thomas * Rebecca Jennings * Alberto Andrea Denzler * Molly Bostic
Most village children still have no access to books. Come see what happens at a book party. Will you sponsor or co-sponsor one?